This week’s photos to take a peak at.
1) These delicate pink flowers all around on foraging walks.
2) I’m still in love with this bag with design by one of my favorite illustrators and graphic novelists, Rutu Modan.
3) Strawberries make their appearance.
4) Preparing pizzas for a friendly dinner.
5) This sweet nugget to gaze upon after weekend meal-prep.
I hope you enjoy this week’s Edible Inspiration and please share some of your #edibleinspiration photos with me. And remember…bite responsibly!
Texas weather is the strangest, especially if you’re central. Here a few comforting images from the week.
1) This baked sweet potato was loaded up with Kalamata olives, cilantro, grape tomatoes, green onion and avocado. Yummy!
2) Using these essential oils from this conscious company in my new essential oil diffuser helped to create a relaxing environment. Lavender and Sweet Orange took the spotlight this week.
3) Can you tell what this is? It smells better than it tastes and makes for wicked liquid design.
4) Trying to save our flowers from the freeze. Waits keeps them company.
5) Creamy cup of hot chocolate never hurt a gal.
Share some of your Edible Inspiration pics with me here #edibleinspiration and have a lovely weekend. And remember…bite responsibly!
A week’s images to delight your eyes.
1) Cool winter light and air plants when I look up. When I see this, I’m grateful for seasons and I’m grateful for winter produce.
2) Taking this pho home felt so good. Eating it the next day was much better.
3) Bear pancakes to satiate hungry morning appetites and inside jokes.
4) This handsome felis silvestris catus accommodates in the middle of his siesta.
5)Warm winter light to perk up a chilly day.
Sleep tight lovelies, and post some of your Edible Inspiration pics under the hash-tag #edibleinspiration And remember…bite responsibly!
Happy new year everyone! Some photos from the weeks that have passed since I last posted all the way up to present day.
1) I forced bulbs for the first time this winter. I chose paperwhites, and though they were stunning in appearance, their odor was uncomfortably stunning. I know my husband was happy to see these delicate little flowers finally wilt. This was a fun project and a way for me to connect more to another season in the midst of our Texas winter.
2) Roasted delicata squash. One of my favorite squashes of the season for its buttery and savory flavor.
3) Rice noodle miso soup with extra garlic, on a cold day, does the trick.
4) 2015 celebratory champagne from these sexy glasses, which were given to me by my incredible mama (maw-maw).
5) The Mr. in action, charring some onion for a pho that he made. Results, incredible!
6) Our furriest in an IKEA doll bed that was given to us by a friend and colleague. Doesn’t he look snug?
Let me see more of your Edible Inspiration pics at the start of this year under the hashtag #edibleinspiration and remember…bite responsibly!
Take a peek or a gaze if you please.
1) Magnetic hooks to hang your aprons on.
2) Handfuls of parsley takes a swim!
3) Happy skillet full of colors. A mirepoix that later turned into a millet pilaf to stuff some tender acorn squash.
4) Waits contemplations. He chooses more elevated spots for daydreaming as the chill sets in.
5) Leftover soup. Recipe to come very soon!
Fill your weekend with early morning walks in the cool weather, candles in the evening and hot dishes to warm you up. Let me see some of your edible inspiration pics #edibleinspiration ! And remember…bite responsibly!
Good morning snuggled sweets,
After a couple of whirlwind weeks, I’m back with #edibleinspiration !!! What follows are some pics over this time period.
1) Proof that messes and accidents are a good thing sometimes. The makings of a chocolate pumpkin love pie.
2) The evening wafted with the scent of pumpkin warmth. Brought to you by Soy Delites.
3) Sprouts from a wheatgrass plant for our mewmew.
4) Spice seeds for a freshly ground curry powder. This soon became a part of a pumpkin curry. NOM
5) Waits is ultra cuddly now that the weather has turned cooler. We brought out the quilt and he’s all about it.
Can’t wait to see some of your fall #edibleinspiration pics under this hash tag. Have a fantastic weekend.
I hope all of you have enjoyed rain showers and yummy goods this week. Here’s what’s been up with me!
1) Mushibooms or mushis as we call them around our house, nary make it a week without being implemented into a meal.
2) Layers and layers of fresh peaches!
3) I always soak raw nuts before eating them to neutralize the enzyme inhibitors within and make them easier to digest!
4) The Mr. made a scrumptious, gluten-free peach cobbler. We’ll be enjoying the remains this weekend with homemade ice-cream. EEEEeee!
5) Very pumped about our new tea kettle!
6) Kitty reflections and late night movie watching over dinner. Can you guess the film?
I hope you all have a rainy and calm weekend! And remember…bite responsibly! Post your pics at #edibleinspiration
A week of finality in one location and obscurity to come. Let’s do this!
1) This apple slicer makes me happy and makes a beautiful apple flower upon usage.
2) Final days of the view from this kitchen window.
3)My kitchen quatredent! (I did indeed make up this word.)
4) Bringing oxygen in makes for a happy house.
5)This lil’ muffin makes everything sweeter.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I’m posting earlier this week as moving awaits. Don’t forget to post your edible inspiration pics under the hashtag #edibleinspiration And remember…bite responsibly!
Happy Friday thinkers,
I’ve decided to start a new series, highly inspired by this one–one of my most frequented blogs as of late–with a bit of a twist. I will be posting weekly with images I feel have inspired my edible notions and yen. As I am a visual person in many ways, my mind often seeks out visual stimuli to try and make sense out of the world. I am able to capture some of those fusing moments through photographs, online videos, memes and gifs. Sometimes it’s something as abstract as the angles of a building and oftentimes it’s something as obvious as the meal of the week. Either way, I hope you will join me in this journey of Edible Inspiration! And thanks again to Erin Boyle for rousing this idea.
1) The happy golden surprise awaiting us in this week’s CSA box. Summer butternut squash, yes please!
2)These paint-stroked red peppers have added an extra crunch and carotenoids to our meals this week. Happy for the zesty color and the nutrients.
3)As simplistic as it seems, this large glass jar has contained some very important dry goods I keep on hand, and it makes me very happy.
4)After a day of reading in bed and not feeling like a champ, this salad–with its iron crunchy punch–really helped give me a boost.
5)This sweet meowmix often makes my day, but his always welcomed cuddles helped rejuvenate my mind and concentration. Plus, Waits makes love to the camera, you’ll probably see much more of him. =(^–^)=
Thanks for taking a peek and remember…bite responsibly! #edibleinspiration